Monday, May 19, 2008

Fwd: Campsie School

Guy's & Gals
 
A great email from Joan below.
 
It will also be on the blog HERE  *don't forget to leave comments!!!!!!!!
 
The web page for the centenary is HERE
 
Joan, this email also goes to Pat at the School, she may know if there are any of that year/s coming. If you go to the BLOG above, you can write some comments there about what you remember about the days at Campsie. We would all love to hear/read your memories. If you have any problems with it, email me back and I'll help you
 
Pat.... PASS... sorry. I'll pass on the speech thing on the Friday nite... I'm more of an "impromptu" type of person these days. Disco days are long gone, toooooo OLD
 
If there is anyone else reading this that is going on the Friday nite dinner...and you would like to have a chat about how it was way back then... please email  Pat. There are some GREAT memories on the BLOG that would be worthy of reading out!
 
OMT (one more thing) On the night/s & days... maybe you all could bring along some of your own memorabillia....PICTURES or anything. Could be good!!!!  We will ask you... (just ask) to put a sticker on your shirt / dress on Saturday arvo / nite with your YEAR and if your ok about it, your last name too. Even if just a way of knowing who is who.
 
Forget the DIET, tooo late for me. Too late to colour the grey hair ,,,,, Just hope to see you all there. We are planning to get to the school on Thursday for a look about and then again Saturday....and after at the RSL
 
We plan to give the NEXT 100 year centenary a miss. :-)
 
Regards,
 
Jeff
 
 
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ian & Joan Leach <ask me for email address>
Date: Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM
Subject: Campsie School
To: jefflangtip.@gmail.com


Dear Jeff
I started in Kindergarten with Miss Nan Wright in (gasp) 1939as a four and a half year old and had a very happy 5 years at Campsie so happy that I never wanted to be anything else but a teacher which I did in due course.
I left at the end of 4th class to go to OC at Erskineville PS, So I would have left at the end of 1943.
I wonder if any of my fellow students from those years are still about.
Regards from Joan Leach (nee Green)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I attended Campsie Public School from 1943 to 1948.
My first teacher was a Mrs Wright in third class I still have a class photograph of my class 6a
Boys and girls were segregated, my sister was also there and was Dux on the school in 6th class Her name was Jean Matthewson, she is still around living at Tumbi Umbi NSW